Monday, February 29, 2016
Highlights! - A week in the Dominican Republic
After countless short term trips to the Dominican Republic, it still amazes me how God works in so many lives! From February 19-26, a total of 32 people from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, and Texas worked among the people of the DR in a variety of ways.
Here's a breakdown of our teams:
- 5 people presented a four-day soccer camp in La Romana
- 5 people worked a three-day dentistry clinic in Villa Hermosa
- 4 people spent four days in a variety of homes in Villa Hermosa
- 5 people built an addition onto a pastor's home in Consuelo
- 12 people served in a community development capacity in Batey Bembe
We worked with about 10 interpreters who have become great friends over the past few years. Our 5 drivers and 2 cooks were amazing too. Additionally, we are so honored to serve with missionaries, Daniel and Elizabeth Kim. They are wonderful hosts!
During this trip, we witnessed people come to faith in Jesus Christ. We also experienced rich gospel-community where people were loved without judgment. We were able to intervene in medical situations where children were able to get vital treatment they desperately needed. We also met pastors and missionaries who share our values, convictions, and mission based on the Bible. It was incredible!!
If you'd like to learn more about these trips, check out this video.
We are also looking for people who would like to join us this June for the next trip. Apply soon!