Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"Not on My Watch"

Yesterday, I read an impactful blog that's tough to get out of my mind. Many of you have read Ann Voskamp's blog and you want to help. If you have not read it yet, PLEASE read her blog. It is a must read! As a parent of five girls, this was difficult to read. I literally felt sick reading it. All I could think of is our soon-to-be 9 year old and her two older sisters, my niece, my friend's daughters, etc. as I read Ann's post. I can't wrap my thoughts around the horrors facing young girls in Iraq.

I spent the day trying to figure out how much money we can give to help. As Lauren Chandler wrote, "We can do this! We can help! 2k of us -- only $25 -- the cost of a trip to the movies for 2!" As Christians, we want to be defined by the way we love. This is especially true for those who are suffering.

Tomorrow at Noon, you can watch a lifestream conversation with Ann and Jeremy Courtney (Founder of Preemptive Love Coalition). Jennie Allen will be the host.

Take a stand with others and say, "Not on my watch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment