Wednesday, March 26, 2014

On Mission in the Carribean

A few weeks ago, I arrived back in the states after another amazing trip to the Dominican Republic.
It was my 10th mission trip to this nation I have come to love.  The country, weather, culture, and food aren't the draw, it's the people - the people from the states who make the journey with me and the people who call the DR their home.  We serve in some of the poorest regions of the country.  Yet, I don't really notice their economic status anymore.  I notice their joy and affection for family and Jesus.  There is nothing like a Dominican greeting after being away for several months!  One of our sponsor children ran across the courtyard and jumped into my arms when she saw me.  It was a special moment.

I am beyond excited to lead another team to the Dominican Republic in June.  There will be a total of 34 people on the next trip.  Of whom, about twenty-five of them will be brand new to international missions.  We have witnessed God do amazing things on previous trips in many souls!  We are now praying for Him to reveal His faithfulness and power as we prepare to go.

To see some pictures from the past trip, go to http://www.advancecommunitychurch.org/#/media/pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment