Monday, January 20, 2014

Books Shaping Current Reality

Over the past decade, I have come to enjoy reading (especially when it involves a group study).  I was taught to read incorrectly as a child; therefore the idea of just sitting down with a book is not all that much of a natural thing for me to do.  However, I can honestly say, "I really enjoy reading and studying."

Here's a short list of books I'm reading that are shaping my thoughts about what's important:

  1. Psalms, Matthew, Acts, Colossians, and 1 John are the books of the Bible I am currently studying in my quiet time with God.  
  2. Center Church (by Timothy Keller) - we are slowly working through this incredible resource at 6:30am every Thursday morning.  Currently, ten men and women meet at a local restaurant to discuss how the Gospel is meant to shape our lives, churches, and cities.
  3. Exalting Jesus in Matthew (by David Platt) - this is a new venture.  Although I am only just at the beginning of the book, it is amazing how much truth comes to life in his writing and analysis of Scripture.
  4. Follow Me (by David Platt) - this will be our main book shaping our small group time while away in the Dominican Republic next month.  
  5. Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds (by Starr Meade) - this is the resource I am using for family worship this year.  It is based on the Heidelberg Catechism.
There are a few more I am going through, however these are the top five.  

No comments:

Post a Comment